ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH?
WHAT TO BRING:
- Suitable outdoor clothing (see below)
- Sleeping bag
- Insulated sleeping mat
- Knife, fork, spoon, mug, bowl and plate
- Water bottle (1 litre mineral water bottle will do)
- Head torch with fresh batteries & 1 spare set
- Wash kit & towel
- Pair of gardening gloves or similar for shelter building
- Personal toiletries & medication (to include toilet paper, sunscreen, insect repellent and lip salve)
- Antibacterial wipes/soap
- Tea or Coffee + whitener
- Small first aid kit (plasters, bandages, headache pills etc.)
- Spare change of clothing
- Camera + Notebook + pen (optional)
- Hammock, Tarp or Tent
- Axe (If you have one please bring it – if not one will be supplied)
- Sheath Knife (If you have one please bring it – if not one will be supplied)
- Saw (If you have one please bring it – if not one will be supplied)
- Crook Knife (If you have one please bring it – if not one will be supplied)
- Billy Can and Stove
- Folding Chair
Outdoor clothing should be tough and comfortable. Wearing several thin layers is better than a few thick layers. A waterproof jacket and several sweatshirts underneath are sufficient. Jeans should not be worn, as they are slow to dry, clinging and cold. Natural colours or camouflage will give you a better chance of spotting wildlife. Walking boots are ideal, but wellies in wet weather and trainers in dry weather will suffice.
“if you’re lucky”
6 Day Winter Survival Course
Being held in Dartmoor Having completed all previous courses with Spartan Survival or another bushcraft school (with proof of attendance), you now get to put it all into practice. This is six nights and five days of putting your skills to the test. You will be expected to make fires, forage for food, build a shelter and make traps for game.
On completion of this you will be given our coveted maroon T-shirt stating you survived and thrived in one of the most hostile environments in the UK, you will also be presented with an Enzo bushcraft knife only on completion.
This is a pass or fail course and you can opt out at anytime, also we do not expect you to catch any game as this will be supplied if your trap is suitable for purpose (our team will asses) if not then you go hungry.
We have designed the course to test you, so a medical exception certificate will need to be filled out and signed by your doctor.
- Revision if required.
Open to all, this course will offer a vegetarian option. All Food and Drink will be provided.
Cost £350 per person.
To book a place on this course, contact us to find the next available dates and location.